In the last episode of Thoughts Overheard, we spoke with Jennifer Fero to discuss public education and the ever-growing importance of institutional learning for society.
Often taken for granted, public education is in many ways, the bedrock of a communities’ overall health, growth, and stability.
Ms. Fero has served in public education for over 16 years and is currently the Assistant Principal and Head Administrator at Grayson Tech in Loganville, GA. Her career began as a social studies teacher in Oregon, and has enabled her to participate in unique teaching experiences in South Korea and Ghana.
Find more materials and links to key subjects referenced in this episode:
- Thomas Jefferson (Education & Democracy)
- Lack of education leads to societal ills
- Education lifts the incarcerated
- Unfortunate power of “no” on children
- Brain studies: learning & longevity
- American high schools: confident, but competent?
- Self-esteem comes from achievement